1. Scriptures: The scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and are the only sufficient, certain and authoritative rule of all saving knowledge, faith and obedience.
2. We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of all; that he hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death, all that come to him through Jesus Christ.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, of virgin birth, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sins of the world by His death. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His return to the world according to His promise.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ.
5. Trinity: God is revealed to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit; each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
6. Providence: God from eternity decrees or permits all things that come to pass, and perpetually upholds, directs and governs all creatures and all events, yet so as not in any wise to be the author or approver of sin not to destroy the free will and responsibility of intelligent creatures.
7. Election: Election is God’s eternal choice of all persons but of His mere mercy in Christ – in consequence of which choice they are called, justified and glorified.
8. The Fall of Man: God originally created man in his own image, and free from sin; but, through the temptation of Satan, he transgressed the command of God and fell from his nature which is wholly opposed to God and His law; are under condemnation; and as soon as they are capable of moral action, become actual transgressors.
9. The Mediator: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, is the divinely appointed Mediator between God and man. Having taken upon Himself human nature, yet without sin, He perfectly fulfilled the law, suffered and died upon the cross for the salvation of sinners. He was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended to His Father, at whose right hand He ever liveth to make intercession for His people. He is the only Mediator, the Prophet, Priest, and King of the church, and sovereign of the Universe.
10. Regeneration: Regeneration is a change of heart, wrought by the Holy Spirit, who quickeneth the dead in trespasses and sins, enlightening their mind spiritually to understand the Word of God, and giving them a new nature, so that they
love and practice holiness. It is a work of God’s free and special grace alone.
11. Repentance: Repentance is the turning to God and away from sin after having been convicted of that sin by the Holy Spirit.
12. Faith: Saving faith is the belief, on God’s authority, of whatsoever is revealed in His word concerning Christ, accepting and resting upon Him alone for justification,
sanctification, and eternal life. It is wrought in the heart by the Holy Spirit, and leads to a life of holiness.
13. Justification: Justification is God’s gracious and full acquittal from all sin for those who believe in Christ.
14. Sanctification: Those who have been regenerated are also sanctified by God’s word and Spirit dwelling in them. This sanctification is progressive through the supply of Divine strength, which all believers seek to obtain, pressing after a heavenly life in obedience to all Christ’s commands.
15. The Church: We believe in the church – a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and of which all regenerated people are members.
16. The Lord’s Day: The Lord’s Day is a Christian institution for regular
observation and should be employed in exercises of worship and spiritual devotion, both public and private, resting from worldly employment and amusements, works of necessity and mercy only excepted.
17. The Resurrection: The bodies of all return to dust after death, but the spirit of the dead in Christ returns immediately to God, to rest with him. We believe in
the bodily resurrection of the dead in Christ.
18. The Judgement: God hath appointed a day, wherein He will judge the world by Jesus Christ, when everyone shall receive according to his faith; the non-Christian shall pass into everlasting punishment, the Christian into everlasting life.
19. Ordinances: We believe that to the local churches were committed for perpetual observance, the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
a.) We believe in baptism by immersion on a profession of faith.
b.) The Lord’s Supper is observed as a symbolic reminder of the unity of Jesus with His followers.