Below is our offering of missions and ministries groups for adults. Along with the normal Sunday and Wednesday get togethers, there are many Small Groups and Committees that meet during the week.
- Come and drink coffee, eat biscuits and pastries and fellowship with one another before Sunday School in our Fellowship Coffee House.
- We offer several Sunday School classes for adults. There are some that are more life application and others that are more Bible study. Hopefully with the diverse range of classes, you will find one that suits you.
- Following Sunday School is the Worship Service. In this hour we worship our Lord through readings, prayer and singing. We also enjoy a message brought by our Pastor.
- A supper is offered in the Fellowship Hall. These suppers are fundraisers for different missions groups in the church. Please call the church office if you plan to attend and are not on the regular attendees list.
- Prayer meeting and Bible study for adults is held with the Pastor every Wednesday evening. In this time we pray for those in need and have a Bible study.
- The adult choir and the handbell choir, the Celebration Ringers, meet to practice for performances in the church.
There are many missions groups at White Oak. Below is a list of them and their purposes.
- Adult Choir: The choir’s purpose is to practice and present music for worship and to offer praise to God through song. Practice is held on Wednesday nights at 8:00 pm. All adults are invited to join.
- Bereavement Committee: When there is a death in the church or community this committee provides a meal to the grieving family. Representatives from the Sunday School classes and other groups donate food and drinks for the meals.
- Brotherhood: This is our men’s mission group. Their purpose is to further the missions work of the church, with a focus on both local and foreign missions. They meet on the second Sunday of every month for a wonderful breakfast and a meeting to discuss the missions needs of the church. This group also supports the needs of the RAs.
- Caregivers: This group meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 11:00 am in the Archer Lodge Community Center to make meals to deliver to the shut-ins in the community.
- Golden Agers: This is a group for the senior adults in the church. They go on several outings during the year. These outings range from going out to eat to viewing Christian programs and movies.
- Handbell Choir: Known as the Celebration Ringers, this is a group of youth and adults that play handbells and chimes several times a year during Worship Service. They also attend the Raleigh Handbell Festival every year. This group practices on Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm.
- Outreach: This groups’s goal is to reach out to the unchurched and unsaved in our community as well as those that are looking for a place to worship. Members of the committee attend most of the church’s functions and welcome visitors. This group also holds several events during the year.
- Women on Mission (WOM): This is our women’s mission group. They promote missions in the church and community and provide support for the Missions Friends, GAs and Youth on Mission. The group meets on the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:00pm.
Join the WOM email list: