At White Oak Baptist Church we believe it is very important to provide plenty of opportunities for children to worship and learn. We believe that children can be wonderful witnesses and missionaries in their families and communities. Below are the classes and activities that we offer for children.
- We offer Sunday School classes for all ages. Babies through pre-K meet in the Nursery building next to the church. The K-2 and 3-5 classes meet upstairs in the main church building.
- All children are invited to hear the Children’s Sermon during Worship Service. During this time the pastor or a church member shares a story or lesson with the children.
- Children’s Church is offered every other Sunday following the Children’s Sermon. Children from grades K-3 meet and have lively discussions.
- The Children’s Choir meets on Sunday evenings during the school year to practice singing and playing handbells. They perform during Worship Service several times during the year.
- A supper is offered in the Fellowship Hall before the missions groups meet. Please call the office if you plan to attend and are not on the regular attendees list.
- Children from birth through pre-K attend Mission Friends, where they learn about missions and how to spread the love of Jesus to everyone.
- Girls in grades K-5 attend Girls in Action (GAs), where they learn how they can be missionaries in their own community.
- Boys in grades K-5 attend Royal Ambassadors (RAs), where they learn how they can be ambassadors for Christ in their everday lives.
Children’s Activities Committee Events:
The Children’s Activites Committee is a group of families in the church that plan and execute many different activites throughout the year. Below is a list of the events that take place every year.
- Family Bowling (February): Everyone is invited to go bowling at Rainbow Lanes.
- Easter Egg Hunt (Sat. before Easter): There is a section for the younger children and one for the older children. We will also have live bunnies!
- Grandparent’s Day Luncheon (September): Following Worship Service we have a luncheon to celebrate the grandparents in our lives.
- Pumpkin Carving (October): All families meet at the community park to carve their pumpkins. A soup dinner featuring the best soups in Archer Lodge follows.
- Halloween Fun Festival (October): There are lots of games and candy for the kids. There is a costume contest for birth through adult.
- Advent Wreath Making (November): Everyone in the church is invited to come and make their very own advent wreath.
- Christmas Shopping Spree (December): This is a child-only event. The children come to the White Oak Christmas store to buy gifts for their families. Committee members and other helpers assist with wrapping.